March 5, 2012

Day2 eating kid friendly

Yesterday I really just threw together what I had to start our week of kid-friendly meals.  Grilled cheese, applesauce, and pretzels was kind of a no-brainer.  I put ham on my husband's grilled cheese to "man" it up a little.  Sophia did eat most everything.  I can't say if she complained because she ate upstairs with her Daddy and I ate downstairs with the baby.  The true test will be when we're sitting at the table.

Today, I made my menu and grocery list.  I want to compare this week with future weeks that I hopefully start the kid friendly meals in a more healthy, homemade, wholesome way.  It's also important to keep in mind that I also included vegetables that my daughter likes so these meals aren't completely without benefit.  Here's our weekly menu:

Sunday:  Grilled cheese, pretzels, applesauce
Monday:  Chicken nuggets, french fries, peas
Tuesday:  Cheeseburger Hamburger helper, broccoli
Wednesday:  Hot dogs, Mac-n-cheese
Thursday:  Fish sticks, spinach, rice
Friday:  Hamburgers (McDonald's style), cut up apples, black eyed peas
Saturday:  Homemade pizza- ham and pineapple for Sophia, pepperoni for Zoë
Sunday:  Chicken Quesidilla

I didn't go to the store until Monday so everything on my list covers Monday through Sunday.  Also, I accounted for things I already had as well odds and ends I needed for lunches, and snacks.  My total grocery bill was $100.49 with only one $0.75 coupon used.  Here's my grocery list:

Chicken Nuggets
Fish sticks
hot dogs
lunch meat
hamburger helper
hamburger
granola bars
nutrigrain bars
apples/fruit
peas
broccoli
spinach
black eyed peas
pizza stuff:  dough, sauce, toppings
chicken quesidillas: chicken, cheese, tortillas
ginger ale
capris suns

Here's the product of my bounty:


Here's dinner for tonight.  It doesn't look so bad I guess, except who knows what's in those chicken nuggets and I'm not a fan of those frozen fries.  I'm trying to lose post baby weight so I'm having some chicken stew I froze a few months back.

No comments:

Post a Comment